sometext

Login  Register     Chat  FAQ   Search  Members  
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: who actually gets to scrim?
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:32 pm 

So who actually really does get to scrim
in the situation that there's 10 and people drop, then new people come to fill in to make ten again

ive been told that the first 10 are the ones who get to scrim, if someone drops, then cant come back in for the scrim

and yet, i was the 6th person in, we started the pug, and then i was kicked after the 3rd round for someone else

someone clarify for me please

Post subject: Re: who actually gets to scrim?
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:41 am 

Anyone who wants to can scrim but people who are regulars or admins have higher priorities (I may be wrong). True, the first ten people gets to scrim but if there is one whom we don't really know, would probably not get picked and be kicked or be asked to stay in specif someone leaves. In your case, you might have been kicked because you might have joined in the server with a different IGN not knowing who you are. You should keep your name as funshine so we can easily know out who you are and not be mistaken for a random player.

When a PUG has started, you should NOT leave during the scrim. We can not open up the server nor can we hand out the password. If we open the server, the scrim would go back to public mode and have to restart the whole scrim. If you were kicked during a scrim for no apparent reason, then it is the admin's fault and not yours. You may make a post in the complaint section and mention the admins who were in the server during this time.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:50 am 

I made an error in my previous post.. I'll edit it later. I am working at the moment and it's a bit hard typing on an iTouch. :(

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:39 am 

It's the first 10. There have been a few times where we've done um..as I put it...fat kid rules..whoever doesn't get picked is the fat kid and gets to sit out. Usually it's announced in the server though and rarely happens... As far as I'm aware...it's first 10..doesn't matter if you're new or not. You should not have gotten kicked for someone else..

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:40 pm 

As Jen said its the last person to enter that gets the boot or the first ten that get to scrim. It doesn't matter if the person is an admin, a friend, or your mother if they are last in then they are the one to go. Its the best way to be fair about who gets to stay. I have seen the fat kid rule implemented but from experience can say that its not the funnest when you were one of the first to join and became the fat kid. Also if you don't kick the last one in the will sometimes jump in as captain to ensure they don't get kicked if the fat kid rule is being used which is unfair as well. I am sorry that you were kicked funshine by any chance were you the one that joined on mill? If so then that's an animal of a different color.

.40cal, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its lifelong mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no admin has gone before.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:40 pm 

no funshines allowed

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:16 pm 

it just so happens that i was the one on mill
but it is what it is ('~' )

@milksteak
i lold at the mall reading that

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:38 pm 

Steam dropped everyone from a scrim that was already started. So we all had to restart cs and were starting again from that point. So that's a grey area.

.40cal, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its lifelong mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no admin has gone before.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:55 pm 

We Love Funshine! I will never kick you mang

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:01 pm 

The only people we really do kick, are the types that constantly join and leave.. Buzz knows who im referring too, i cant remember his name off the top of my head now... anyways.. yeah like all they said before, its first 10.. and Like Kirk, I've played fat kid, and it aint fun.. but thats why you try to get in there asap... . We admins are pretty good at figuring out who was last in.

Mikey

New Topic Post Reply  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next