sometext

Login  Register     Chat  FAQ   Search  Members  
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Expanding to CS:S
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 pm 

Hello.
I want to talk about expanding the on24 servers to Counter-Strike: Source.

I know most of you aren't fans of CS:S, despite it actually being a good game. (At least in my eyes)
You guys might not like the game, but a lot of other people do, a lot of good people who would love to be a part of a wonderful Counter-Strike community.

Many people do play CS:S and why should we exclude them from our wonderful community and servers? I feel that biased opinions shouldn't separate us from the CS:S community and the wonderful players.

Would the server die?
No. Seeing how people like myself do play CS:S regularly I would actually take the initiative to play with bots until people join, start to enjoy playing on there, and then liking the rotation... well.. they would stay. We would have regulars playing on the CS:S server building a small cs:s community within on24. The regulars would keep the server alive and would attract more people, and then those people will become regulars as well.

I'd also like to bring up steam and it's 1.6 updates.
Most of these updates are in-fact ruining the game, and it has done nothing but irritate people who play 1.6, so I'm thinking 1.6 is going to start to die because of these ridiculous updates. This is a debatable topic, yes, but why not take some precautions and start up a CS:S server just in-case 1.6 does die?

The only way to grow as a community is to expand.. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, but I certainly am.

Please give me your opinions and hopefully we can all work together to bringing a CS:S server into on24.

Thank you.
-Max

Last edited by Metalstar on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Expanding to CS:S
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:48 pm 

What a terrible Idea!!! HEll No!!!!

Just kidding.. AHHAHAHAH!

I myself Love the Idea. My Laptop loves the Idea, It plays better on source than it does 1.6 (due to my vid card not speaking old game english).

I would probably play there more than I would on the normal 1.6 servers... =/

I think this should need a lot of consideration. I mean, there is a large community of players in source still. Due to GO being pretty crappy.. (least thats what my general feel is).

And you get some gamME stats on there (Psycho) and I mean your community takes a large BOOM!

I think it would be silly to not consider this.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:50 pm 

Thank you Mike, I also think it'd be a bit silly to not consider this. ahaha

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:02 pm 

Considering no one plays Source on on24, I think it's a waste of money. Just my opinion.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:17 pm 

Yeah honestly...the GO server has been empty all the times I've checked up on it and there are more people playing GO than there are playing source. Maybe they could replace the GO server with a source one? Personally I prefer GO over source but in the end it's all about who is actually playing on the server. Just personally though, I will stay on 1.6.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:44 pm 

bLu wrote:
Considering no one plays Source on on24, I think it's a waste of money. Just my opinion.

That's why we should expand... We can get players/members who do play source. Nobody plays it since this is mainly a 1.6 clan or w/e.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:48 pm 

Esoteric wrote:
Yeah honestly...the GO server has been empty all the times I've checked up on it and there are more people playing GO than there are playing source. Maybe they could replace the GO server with a source one? Personally I prefer GO over source but in the end it's all about who is actually playing on the server. Just personally though, I will stay on 1.6.

I think that's because nobody here plays GO. Not that I know of, of course.
I know Crazy Mike, p.e.a.c.h, and myself play Source, and I have several other friends who do. It'd be quite easy to populate the server when people see it on the list with about 6-10 players.. Then those people become regulars, and the server stays populated.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:13 pm 

Even though we have a CS:GO server, most of the time the server is dead. We do have a few admins who mainly play CS:GO regularly but they get tired of just sitting in the server everyday waiting for someone to come in. They rather spend their time playing competitive mode or join another server. I really doubt one admin can help regulate a server by himself. He cannot populate the server throughout the day. If we had 4-5 admins who regularly play source, I wouldn't mind going with this idea. Adding a server also cost spending more money. I read in your application that you will not be able to donate to on24. How would you support this idea if you're not willing to donate?

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:59 pm 

bLu wrote:
Even though we have a CS:GO server, most of the time the server is dead. We do have a few admins who mainly play CS:GO regularly but they get tired of just sitting in the server everyday waiting for someone to come in. They rather spend their time playing competitive mode or join another server. I really doubt one admin can help regulate a server by himself. He cannot populate the server throughout the day. If we had 4-5 admins who regularly play source, I wouldn't mind going with this idea. Adding a server also cost spending more money. I read in your application that you will not be able to donate to on24. How would you support this idea if you're not willing to donate?

I believe that the reasoning behind the CS:GO server being dead is because of the matchmaking system, or whatever it is called.
Why browse through a server list if the option to connect you to a server ASAP is right there?

Unlike GO, Source does not have that options, so players will run into the on24 server.

Also, my app does NOT say I am not willing to pay.
The question asks if I can afford it, I can't.

I don't have to tell you why I can't either.

PS. I don't think you should let your biased opinions and hatred for source get to you and the addition of a server. That is done by 4 stars, not 3 stars.
I do appreciate you giving your opinions of course.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:02 pm 

Blu, it is not your decision to add admins to this clan. Leave that to the 4 stars.

Its not a Requirement to Donate to the server to be a member here. We all pitch in when we can.

Personally, For a person who only played it.. oh what was it..

-=[on 24]=- bLu *** tells admins: just read metalstar ridiculous post on the forum
-=[on 24]=- bLu *** tells admins: haha
*DEAD* -=[on 24]=- poodoggins ** : what was it?
-=[on 24]=- bLu *** tells admins: made a post about expanding on24 in source
-=[on 24]=- Crazy Mike *** tells admins: its not ridiculous
-=[on 24]=- Crazy Mike *** tells admins: its a great idea
-=[on 24]=- poodoggins ** tells admins: I dont think we should outsource
-=[on 24]=- Crazy Mike *** tells admins: your kidding right?
-=[on 24]=- Crazy Mike *** tells admins: we have a GO server
-=[on 24]=- Crazy Mike *** tells admins: whats the difference in getting a source server
-=[on 24]=- poodoggins ** tells admins: I think we should keep these spots in the good ole USA
-=[on 24]=- bLu *** tells admins: i guess. i mean all of us do play source everyday :3
-=[on 24]=- methodofpayment ** tells admins: i dont even touched source -_-
-=[on 24]=- poodoggins ** killed -=[on 24]=- methodofpayment ** with m4a1
-=[on 24]=- bLu *** tells admins: i played it once
-=[on 24]=- bLu *** tells admins: had nightmares for weeks
-=[on 24]=- methodofpayment ** tells admins: only source game i actually played was dod
-=[on 24]=- poodoggins ** tells admins: I was in CAL in source my team was undefeated in O
-=[on 24]=- poodoggins ** tells admins: but then it fell apart

its not your decision to make a source server. Here is where we can field some support and this is a suggestion. I AM an admin who would play on the Source server if we had one.

Now I do have the capability to Create A source Server If money is an issue. But once again this is all up to the 4stars and Mouse to field out suggestions and come up with their own opinions.

-Mike

New Topic Post Reply  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next