sometext

Login  Register     Chat  FAQ   Search  Members  
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Azia
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:41 am 

So I've posted this pic before, YEARS ago. lol But this is my family dog. Her name is Azia. She's a German Shepard. She's NOW 10 years old, looks almost the same. My dog now sighs at us whenever we get her to move and that's a struggle for her most times. She no longer eats dog food unless mixed with something to soften it up. One day she just quit eating to the point that my dog..literally couldn't move because she didn't eat for like 4 days. We have to let her out every 3 hours on the dot...or she poops all over the carpet. She's exhausting but she's still part of our family. Besides any of those things..there are a lot of times she's jumping around and howling at us (She's a talker) and wanting to play. She still dances around and wants to go on walks..so my parent's aren't willing to let her go yet. So any advice besides obviously putting her down?

Post subject: Re: Azia
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:00 am 

I have lost a few dogs ( best friends ). All I can say is if she is on drugs and doing well go with it, if not try baby aspirin and just watch her...
I base my hard decision on the dog, she is a physical being and when she can longer be physical she is ready..But that doesn't mean you and yours are.
There is no right or wrong here, only when and if..

I will tell you that no matter what you decide, you will question yourself.

I think you already know when the dancing stops, the song is over.

You are lucky to have such a great dog..:)

The Irish have a saying "Celebrate my life, do not mourn my passing"

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:21 am 

Beautiful looking dog.
Have you taken the dog into the vet to run some blood work? Possible her thyroid is out or something more serious for that matter. Nothing more I can suggest. You know what's happening, wright down when this started to happen and how often or what other changes you noticed. This might help the vet figure something out. 10 years is still not OLD, 15 years then you start to worry.

Good luck Red

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:03 pm 

Thanks. She's my baby. She hasn't been to the vet yet. It's been going on for about a month or 2 but we tried different foods to see if it was anything like that, which was a blast! We went to a pet store and were like okay.. we have a 10 yr old German Shepard with only some of her teeth and is a picky eater. HELP! haha But, I do think the vet is the next step.

I don't think it's time yet. She's not really giving us any clues. Because I mean..I still walk in the door to a dog dancing around everyday and howling at me. She's still full of energy..it's just something with her diet.

But on a very positive note, when we changed her food and added stuff to it..to make it softer for her to eat. She did gain some weight. My dog's ALWAYS been underweight and never for lack of feeding her. I believe female German Shepards are supposed to weigh like 60-70 lbs...mine might have been 60 soaking wet. I think she weighed like 50 lbs. So it's very possible it could be her thyroid.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ]