sometext

Login  Register     Chat  FAQ   Search  Members  
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please do not post "BANS" in this section. Post in "BANLAND"

Also follow the proper banning format.

This section will contain tips and strategies to catch hackers.

You can also upload videos, to show different types of HACKS.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: How to spot a REAL CS Hacker
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:58 am 

Taking it Personal
First things first. Just because someone is dropping bullet bombs on you every round, does not make him (or her) a hacker. Never base an accusation solely on someone beaning you every round. Unless it’s painfully obvious, like someone noclipping or running around upside down, your best bet is to spec, or get someone with a non-admin name to join and spec.

What to Look For
This is the hard part. There are a good number of Counter-Strike hacks out there, and just as many players that are great at hiding the fact that they’re cheating. You have to be diligent with your sound, remember some people have 7.1 surround sound, or 360 degree headphones and can hear quite clearly in any direction. Also, watch the radar. A good player will constantly check the radar and be able to make very accurate assumptions based on:

* Where a teammate died.
* What direction the teammate was heading.
* What direction the teammate was facing.
* Where the teammate was in regards to the locations of your other teammates.

Another factor that may seem like someone is hacking, is if they are able to kill someone without even being able to see them. There can be a few reasons for this:

* Angles. A lot of the time you can spot (or be spotted) without being able to see the other person. Refer to this guide on angles to see what I mean.

* Specing. Some players that die early in the round will observe the habits and skills of the opposing team. This will let them choose where to prefire next round, or have a good idea of where certain people are going/hiding.

Anticipating common hiding/camping spots. You got prefired? You most likely are sitting behind a crate or door/wall that people sit behind on a regular basis, some players will just prefire in certain areas just in case, if it’s a common spot.
Shadows. Seriously people, make sure you have shadows turned on, and on high. Also be aware of where your shadow is at all times. Refer to this guide on shadows to see what I mean… your shadow will cast through things like doors.

Your model clips through thin objects. So if you have your barrel poking through the middle of a door, you deserve the headshot that’s coming your way.

Your viewpoint is roughly in your upper chest. You do not see out the eyes of your player model, so if your head suddenly gets detached, remember that your point of view is lower than your head.

Also, if someone is spraying and keeps getting miraculous headshots, just watch the direction of the gun and see how the player controls the recoil. This is a tough one to spot but don’t forget that you can somewhat control your spray. Here’s the article on the AK-47, which shows recoil patterns.

Now the Problem. Good Hackers
There will always be people that hack, in any game, everyday. A lot will do everything in their power to make themselves seem legit. Even letting themselves get killed regularly just to keep the suspicions down, or toggling. Also, despite the info given above, it’s hard to differentiate between a skilled player using the above tactics, or someone who is ghosting (a friend specing you and relaying everything to the player hunting you). Your best bet is to record a demo, and get the opinions of a few different people that deal with hackers on a regular basis. Remember, there as just as many skilled players as there are hackers out there, your decision in the matter can very often be a tough one.

In some later notes we’ll go over certain hacks and how to spot them each individually. But for now, I will leave you with two videos. One is a demo of someone (is that me?) who is not actually hacking but may appear to be to some players; In the second video is someone being a retard cheater.

Demo 1: * Non Hacker - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPxvyz48zis
Demo 2: * Hacker - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNYWESHOL0o

Post subject: Re: How to spot a REAL CS Hacker
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:24 am 

generally accurate article but just remember that there arent any shadows in 1.6. this article is def written by a source player lol

Quote:
* Where a teammate died.
* What direction the teammate was heading.
* What direction the teammate was facing.
* Where the teammate was in regards to the locations of your other teammates

this is what i do. when a teammate dies nearby i try to think tactically about what i would do if i were in the enemies position. this is how i get most of my kills (cuz ill be completely honest with you guys, i personally think my aim generally sucks lol especially at long range)

aKIRA has banned...11 people. Don't be #12.
http://cerebrationnation.wordpress.com

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:17 pm 

I do the same. Tactical thinking leads to a high understanding of reverse intelligence. Ohhh and akira k., I have shadows in my models :)

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:04 pm 

Wow I think I can become a better gamer just from reading that bit. I hardly ever think about the radar honestly. Allways to busy to think about it. As far as hacking, I think 90% of the time I see people scream hacker its just because they are pissed about being killed. Generaly If I think someones hacking I watch them. The above post is right its realy hard to tell sometimes. There are the few obvious morons who are easy to tell but generaly it is very difficult to distiguish a really good player from a good hacker.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:48 pm 

radar is a very good tool to use.. especially if u dont have sound (like me) when people talk and it shows up blinking yellow you can kinda get a feel to where they spotted him at. also T on ur radar (think of top) they are above u, and a lower _|_ (think of L) or lower -below u. hope that helps a little wraith :)
PS try to picture yourself where they died before u get there this will help in knowing where the enemy might b or will b.

In addition to spotting hackers, Do you guys use admin ESP? it helps with tracing (following enemies through walls), spammers, wallers, etc. Anyways thats probably the best tool to spot any hacker.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:25 pm 

Hense wrote:
In addition to spotting hackers, Do you guys use admin ESP? it helps with tracing (following enemies through walls), spammers, wallers, etc. Anyways thats probably the best tool to spot any hacker.

such a thing exists??? hmm maybe jared was hacking all this time after all...

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:47 pm 

Been getting better at watching radar, Still lousy at predicting enemy moves off it but at least it gives me a better idea where they are. :lol:

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:25 pm 
only four stars have ESP

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:37 pm 

Electro Static Propulsion?

Extra Sensory Perception?

Elephants Squatting Politely?

Erroneous Synaptic Particles?

Ever Slithering Pythons?

Ebony Silky Pantaloons?

Errogenous Sex Pontoon?

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:49 pm 

Wraith wrote:
Extra Sensory Perception?

this. you can see people through walls to see if theyre tracing people

New Topic Post Reply  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next