sometext

Login  Register     Chat  FAQ   Search  Members  
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please do not post "BANS" in this section. Post in "BANLAND"

Also follow the proper banning format.

This section will contain tips and strategies to catch hackers.

You can also upload videos, to show different types of HACKS.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: How to spot a REAL CS Hacker
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:15 pm 

I was in the beginners server playing for like 10 minutes like a week ago. I thought I would see some of you D:

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:52 pm 

That was our ten min coffee break....You just missed us... ;)

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:21 am 

im always on in the morning, then on again at nights!

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:45 am 

Just some basic Info thats out on the web about different types of hacking. Plus a few thoughts and questions about some.

Wallhacks- allows players to see through walls. These work by displaying objects that are normally obscured or by replacing opaque game textures with translucent ones. As the engine only renders the immediate area around the player, this does not allow a player to see the entire level at once.

Speedhacks- give the player increased foot speed. These work by sending false synchronization data to the server.
-(How easy is it to determine if someone has this but is only boosting themselves jsut a little bit)

Recoil hack- removes any recoil (and thus improves accuracy) from a player's firearm.
-(I kind of wonder about this one. Alot of people have amazing acuracy sometimes)

No spread- is used to remove the random deviation normally experienced when the player shoots. This is similar to the recoil hack.
-(Again one I wonder about) -How easy is it to tell if they have this?

Aimbots help the player aim at enemies. Practically the same as auto-targeting, These work by either modifying a bullet's in-flight path, or automatically moving the player's crosshair onto an enemy.
-(If they have the one that modifies bullet flight path how can you possibly tell they have this?)

ESP shows textual information about the enemy; such as health, name and distance; also information about weapons lying around the map, which could be missed without the hack. Most ESP cheats show info through walls.

Barrel hack depicts an enemy's gaze as a visible line, this is also visible in the killcam.

Anti-flash and anti-smoke remove the effects of the flashbang and smoke grenade. Implementation is derived from the wall hack.
-(I know somepeople are good enough to do the spin away move when they see a nade coming but there have been times I've wondered about people and this)

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:59 am 

just to answer a few of your questions...

speedhack - technically anyone can boost their movement speed up to a certain extent (cl_movespeed or w/e). ive seen people do that before but its not the same thing as a true speed hack (true speed hackers are those annoying people who run around knifing everyone. or if theyre even more annoying theyll use a scout or deagle and insta hs every one because theyre also using aimbot)

recoil hack - ive seen this used before. when they have no recoil they can spam the entire clip without any recoil whatsoever (imagine just point and spraying the ak and every bullet hitting the same spot without pulling down)

no spread - yea i agree this would be hard to detect and i dont think ive ever seen it used (or maybe i have and thats proof that its hard to spot). you would need to look at the bullet splash i guess...or whatever you call that

aimbot - its really one of the easiest ones to spot because no normal person could take the kinds of shots that aimbots use. like they could be aiming at the feet and have their crosshair pointed in a different direction altogether and they'll 1 tap at the same time that their mouse is moving (unless they toggle off but still just keep watching em)

anti smoke can also be done by anyone (16 bit), but anti flash is really difficult to tell (because there are of course people who just spam into where they know the enemy would be and still get random kills) really the only way to tell would be to see if theyre constantly getting kills despite smoke and flashes and even then, maybe theyre just lucky.

aKIRA has banned...11 people. Don't be #12.
http://cerebrationnation.wordpress.com

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:24 pm 

Ive seen the true speed hackers on other servers before So I know what that is. I remember you and hense discussing the speed boost thing in the tips and tricks thread.

Cant say I've seen the recoil hack before. But I imagine it would be easy to spot if you where specing the person

I've seen (im pretty sure) aimbot used while specing allthough none for sure on our servers. But seen what im sure was aimbot on other servers.

I admit I tend to spam where I think the enemy will show up if I get flashed and ocasionaly I get kills that way. but only if im lined up on the corner I think they will come around when the screen goes white. otherwise I jsut try to crouch in a corner till the screen clears. But will it show to someone who is speccing that the person didnt get flashed?

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:40 pm 

if youre specing people to check for hack yea you can see when they get flashed or not

well heres a youtube video of a css hacker http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-l-Q6ZRyj8
aimbot in 1.6 functions similarly i assume

and yea for no recoil basically if you dont see their gun barrel climbing at all when they shoot thats pretty tell-tale

aKIRA has banned...11 people. Don't be #12.
http://cerebrationnation.wordpress.com

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:12 am 

Intresting video. Kind of annoying too though. Seems so lame that people would go through that much effort to hack when they could put that time into just playing for the sheer fun of it.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:17 am 

Never could understand why people need to cheat but whatever!
I ran a server for years and got prey good at spotting hax, the most common are aimbots,
no recoil, and auto aim, all of which easy to pickup on with just a couple of minutes specing.
Seeing how the server is set up no spamming until visual as a rule makes it even easier, one way to catch a waller is when they do dead stops outta spawn, they are looking for those boxes in the demo then run straight to a corner and wait etc...

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 am 

Never understood the apeal either. Hacking is just so cheezy. Im guilty of stoping all the time right out of spawn LOL Allways answering steam messages. Gets me killed sometimes too. So gotta watch out who's looking for who's behind a wall and who's chatting. ;)

New Topic Post Reply  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next