sometext

Login  Register     Chat  FAQ   Search  Members  
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: ON24
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:00 am 

Because all of this is being discussed in the chat room. I figured let's make a post about it. I don't agree with sammy rebuilding on24. I completely agree with 7up. Because on24 and 40cal may be sister clans, but they are different. On24 has always been mouse's clan and 40cal was always sammy's. When mouse jumps ship..that's when majority of us considered on24 done. So even if you rebuild it..it's not on24. It will never be on24 in my eyes. It's going to be an impersonator. When I got the email from mouse saying on24 is done. I consider it done. As far as I'm concerned...I was hoping that when he left and did his own thing..that he would keep the name on24. Instead they went with a different name which is fine. Sammy, here's the blunt facts...You brought someone over to try and keep it alive before..how'd that go? You worked on trying to fix broken servers...how'd that go? Now, you want to try and keep it alive? Now, that mouse and everyone jumped ship that made on24 what it was? Why not let on24 just die on good terms? I think it's already been dragged out enough. Maybe you think you're doing good...by keeping this alive..but to me..it felt like a huge slap to the face. mouse will be the first to say..I busted my ass for on24. The best way I can explain how I feel is...if 40cal died...and I went and made my own clan named 40cal. It would be a complete stab at sammy. That's what's going on here...Great things tend to come to an end at some point. I wouldn't be suprised if this gets deleted..but even if it did...there'd be someone else....and I'm sure...that I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Post subject: Re: ON24
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:44 am 

I back this statement.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:43 pm 

Well, we are here now, so we are gonna give this a shot. Admittedly, we are splitting our time between on 24 and 40 cal, but I've already seen a spike in players in the past week or two. If any former on 24 members want to get back in the saddle, please feel free to reapply! We can use all the help we can get. :D

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:22 pm 

Where was the help when we were struggling....? When we were busting our butt to try and do whatever we could...where was this so called help to keep on24 alive? When people dropped left and right, where was this keeping on24 alive? When mouse dropped down..you helped a little bit..and gave us Muir..which I like him as a person..but he did fail us. He admitted that to us.. But besides him..where was the help? NOW you want to keep on24 alive after everyone that WAS on24 left? But let me end asking this...when we were fighting to keep on24 alive..how many 40cal people applied for on24? How many even stopped by on the forums more than once? How many played in our servers in the past few months? Maybe 1 or 2? So, let me ask you this..why should we as old on24 members...help you now?

I know this isn't YOU particularly... but just in general to the "NEW" on24..and sammy.

Someone is paying to boost the server with non steamers/hackers. WE did that for awhile too but we didn't have the man power to keep the hackers out.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:54 pm 

The only reason your getting increased traffic is the boosted players from out of country that have 200+ pings and a good third of them are all hacking. Every time you boost to try and increase traffic you have these no skilled over pinging players. Not all of them. Majority of the time is spent babysitting a server from cheaters. Then to top that off you have the lag effect. Not to mention someone wants money to keep a server open that is not functional. I see now just asking for donations to help out what a slap in the face to us former members ? 6 months it took us to say enough. We didn't leave cause we wanted to. We left cause we had no choice. Like Red, this is not directed at you guys taking over it's the one issuing the commands.

WTF ><

The reason Red and I are not happy about this is all the work we were putting into the clan more Red then I. Red has been here helping out for years. Kind of hard to let something go when you put that much effort into keeping the backbone up and running. Not to mention the money that we put up.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:59 pm 

That's why I said it's not really at you. No, but sammy told you guys to come here. sammy also knew that on24 was struggling. sammy as an owner of 40cal knew and could have helped his sister clan out...but didn't.

We also didn't expect 40cal to take over it..which is yes..how I see it. Because we came to terms..with letting on24 rest in peace...not be resurrected from the dead by people that weren't in on24. You haven't spent hours upon hours figuring things out, going to meetings to figure out what we can do to better our community, you haven't spent 100s of dollars, etc. No, nobody asked me to do it. I did it for the community/family that I ended up having here in on24.

I quit donating towards the end..because here's the blunt fact.. When my internet doesn't work, I file complaints..and I originally try to get them to fix it. When that fails I go with a different provider. We were told we were getting a service that we paid for..which didn't happen.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:12 pm 

All fair points. Yes, we are here at sammy's behest. I had no idea you guys were struggling for so long, and I sympathize with pouring your heart into something, then letting it only to have it drudged up again. All I can say is we are here now and trying to help. I guess all we can do is try and see what happens. Thanks for your input. I certainly don't take any of it personally. :D

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:33 pm 

i understand the servers were not up to par and Mouse along with everyone quit on24. i know this!
what i dont understand is why you guys are concerned about the new on24 transition.
i had no choice but to ask my members to assist in the rebuild of on24. i have plenty of admins to spare.
it was thier choice...i never forced any 40cal member to be on24 in desperation. they were willing to go.

Jen ask why i didnt help on24 before. i did offer, but everyone wanted mouse incharge and not hear anything from me.
i respect that.
i can ask all my 40cal members to join on24 and have 100 on24 admins...but it wont change the fact that the servers are not up to par. i updated dedibox from 8core 32 ram to 12 core 48ram and it failed. no change what so ever.
i am sorry for this.
firexp is a broken record. you keep saying the same thing in every post. Yes the servers are not up to par which is why you all quit on24
but now you have a new server host along with dedicated x-on24 members
congatulations with the storm clan. i really hope you guys do well. maybe we can all scrim sometime.
no need for us to berate eachother. let us make the best with what we have
repectfully sammy

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:44 pm 
Please x-on24 members..... I love the on24 clan. It was a part of my life for about 12 years.

I commend Sammy and his team for what they are doing to keep the community alive. I just could not do it anymore. Some former members are doing their own thing and may or may not be successful.

Jammin jay has the FEW clan, 7up has STORM (firexcpro is not with any clan, he is just an instigator, sorry firexcrpro, love ya man but no need to continue the berating). Will these new guys be around 12 years from now? Many, many have tried and failed. For some reason ,even with all that everyone may say, I bet -=[on24]=- will continue to live on. "the best servers on the net" (lag and all)...lol

Why don't us former on24 members show a little more class rather than regret. We had a great thing for years! Let's enjoy the memories, and if we meet on FB or in another server... lets game on!

love you all,
mouse
ps, although I do believe all you guys continuing to visit here.... just show how hard it is to say goodbye. I know it is for me. Thanks to all for your support through the years and good luck to the new group....sincerely!

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:48 pm 

Storm clan has nothing to do with me, I go over there to play with my friends. I didn't drag anyone over there nor am I tagging up any time soon even though I was invited. . The reason I kept saying the servers is it was the servers, there is no getting around that 6 months of lag and spikes come on new server old server doesn't matter 6 F***ing months. Yes you upgraded the servers but on our side we didn't care. We were happy before the upgrade. Yes I sounded like a broken record because I was the only one with the balls to keep bringing it up.

6 MONTHS

New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next